2010-07-21

Skincare review: La Roche Posay Respectissime waterproof eye make up remover

I am surprised to see very few reviews of this product, because this is probably the first HG skincare product I ever discovered, before I even knew what HGs are actually!

Make up removing is an essential step in the skincare routine; make up residues will clog up pores, resulting in a bad skin condition, so you should always make sure your face is perfectly clean before going to bed. Being a daily user of waterproof eye liner and mascara, a good eye make up remover is important for me. I have tried lots of them, and always came back to this one, which was actually the first I ever tried.




Like most waterproof eye make up remover, this is a bi-phase formula, so you need to shake the bottle to mix the two liquids before applying on your eyes with a cotton pad. Pat gently the eye before swiping with the pad. Eyes are a sensitive area, so you want to avoid rubbing too hard. This product is great because it removes all kinds of make up effortlessly, including waterproof mascara. When you remove mascara, close your eye and put the cotton pad on the lashes where they reach your undereye area, and wait 1-2 seconds before swiping the pad downwards lightly, to avoid pulling on your lashes. Do the same thing this time with your eye open, put the cotton pad on the lashes over the browbone area and swipe upward. I have had some product accidentally touch my eye, but as it is a very gentle formula I did not feel anything. The product feels slightly oily but I have not experienced any breakouts with it, and usually I follow up with a face cleanser so it does not leave any residue. The formula is fragrance-free and paraben-free.

I've tried other eye make up removers, like the much hyped Lancôme Bi-facil, but although both brands are owned by L'Oréal I prefer the La Roche Posay by far, because I had trouble removing my eye-liner with Lancôme. And it is a much better value for the price, La Roche Posay retails at about €10 ($13) whereas the Lancôme one is about €18 ($23) for the same amount (125mL). You need very little product depending on how heavy your eye makeup is, but a bottle should last at least a couple of months. I wear eye-liner on a daily basis and I buy about 3 bottles a year.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire