2013-05-25

In Cosmetics Paris April 2013 Part 1: Upcoming Beauty trends

Last month was held in Paris the first In Cosmetics forum of 2013, where professionals of the industry meet to finds new ingredients suppliers and catch up on the latest trends. I attended as a visitor because I was interested in some of the conferences. Here's for you a little summary of the upcoming beauty trends to watch out for! I'll do a separate post for the make up part because this post was getting way too long.


BEAUTY

A changing view on UV rays and sun exposure

Do you use BB cream with SPF50 PA+++? Apply sunscreen as a make up base and never go out without a hat and dark glasses? UV rays are probably the biggest concern for a lot of us beautystas, terrifying riders of Doom and sunspots and early wrinkles. 

Well as it turns out, too much protection will lead to a "lazy skin syndrome", much as muscles will go flask without exercising, you skin will be more sensible to the slightest UV exposure if you never ever let it breathe. Moreover, as women, we are more sensible to osteoroposis and weakened bones. Sun rays will provide you with vitamin D, absorbed through the skin. Since my mother is a doctor she tends to be double careful when it comes to this and makes me drink a capsule of vitamin D every six months or so (you're supposed to be drinking one every once a year so I need to remind her that YES, I had it this year, thanks Mom). 

Anyway the explanation and comparison with muscles seemed pretty sensible to me, and despite having a skin very prone to sunspots (especially on the lips, sob) I do enjoy some days in the sun just so I can get that "healthy dose" of UV rays. 

New skincare and beauty treatments are aiming to turn UV into a positive light (Biolumen and Luminotherapy)

Of sensitive skin and stress

You've probably noticed how lack of sleep and hectic everyday life can affect your skin and cause unwanted trouble. Well there is a connection between the brain and the skin health, a no stress situation will cause the neurotransmitters to release endorphins which help your complexion glow and your skin to shine (à la Edward Cullen in Twilight?)  

Careful use of beauty oils

This one caught my attention because one of my dehydration relievers is Décléor's rose oil, which is lovely not only for the scent but also the great emollient feeling. So basically the latest research show that beauty oils might fry your skin under sunrays. Huh I know, not pretty, did they not think this thoroughly before launching the products? So i guess I'll use the rest of my bottle at night only. 

What do you think of these new beauty trends? 

xoxo

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire