2013-05-24

Sasa Order and First Impressions

Sasa is probably the best-known website for Asian cosmetic and skincare products. It offers a huge selection, not only of Asian brands but also European and American. The only drawback for me is the minimum order amount for free shipping to Europe ($100) which is just about the limit over which you get custom duties. From my experience, I've noticed anything over 100€ gets taxed, and I'd rather not risk it for $100. However, Sasa regularly organizes free shipping events for lower amounts (usually $19.99, $29.99 or $39.99). This is the latest order I've received from them. 
 


Skinfood Steam Milk Mask Cream

I was attracted to this for three reasons: 
1) I am running out of Laneige's Water Sleeping Pack, which works great against sudden bouts of dehydration (after sun exposure for instance) 
2) I've recently finished my Skinfood Avocado Rich Toner and Emulsion, and I was quite satisfied with them so I wanted to try another product from the brand 
3) I've been considering purchasing Steam Cream, and this one had Steam in the name. Lol yes I'm totally buying the marketing. I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but the packaging is super cute, it's a small milk carton.

From the official website:
A steamed milk-infused cream that immediately melts into skin, transforming dry skin into a soft, firm, smooth texture, like a facial mask does.

[Steamed Milk Story]
When steamed, milk turns into a mound of microfine bubbles that are sustained with all the benefits milk has, and yet feels silkier and softer to the touch.

* To Use
At the end of your daily skin care routine, apply an ample amount to the face with gentle strokes.

So basically the instructions of use are the same as Laneige's sleeping pack, apply a generous amount after skincare routine. 

K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24h WP Limited Edition

I had a discussion a while ago with the super nice author of Bittenbefore who recommended this as a really waterproof formula which could resist through sweat. I tried it today and unfortunately, on me it doesn't perform as well as Dollywink's liquid eyeliner. Maybe it's a difference in formula between the Japanese and HK editions, or between the regular and limited edition, but Dollywink held up very well after my sweaty dance lesson with almost no smudging, and K-Palette couldn't last through a regular day (and very cold to boot, since winter has been awfully persistent this year around here). It smudges noticeably on my single eyelid and also tends to transfer on my undereye area. I'll do a more detailed review after I've tried it some more and compare it with the Dollywink. 

Koji Spring Heart Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown

Cheap + automatic + integrated brush, that's all I ask for in an eyebrow pencil. 

Shiseido Aqualabel Moisture Lotion R

This was my HG lotion when I was living in China. Amazingly I don't think my skin has ever been better as when I was there. Pollution you say? Apparently my skin loves it and thrives in it. Maybe I should do facials in the parking lot or something. So I've been wanting to go back to that time of skin bliss and recreate my skin care regimen of old (but I think good sleep schedule also played a huge part in that). It's also quite pricey for a lotion (about 15€) so if I find a suitable replacement in France I won't repurchase. I've only used it a couple of times so I'll update on that later. 

xoxo!

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire