2013-05-31

[Skincare Review] Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum



This is my HG serum. I've used at least 4 or 5 bottles over the past few years, and always come back to it. 

Serums are the one product you might want to invest in, because their formula is generally more concentrated and targeted at a specific skin trouble: pores, wrinkles, spots, etc. I think most younger skins don't really need any wrinkle or spot correctors. My main trouble is a dehydrated skin with fine lines (especially on the forehead and around the mouth) and slightly enlarged pores on the cheeks. My pores have never really bothered me, although a few times I've been told to buy pore refiners by some SAs. More concerning for me is the dehydration and the fine lines, and this serum helps in fighting them. The texture is a slightly watery gel, and the pump bottle delivers just enough product for the whole face with one push. I warm up the product in my palms and apply after lotion. It absorbs quickly and leaves a slight film on the skin (which I appreciate, because it makes me feel like my skin is protected from agression, or something, but I know some won't). I wake up with supple hydrated skin. I sometimes skip the cream afterwards, especially if the weather is more humid. I just had a near disastrous experience with the steam milk cream from Skin Food I mentioned a couple of post earlier (details to come in a future post), and a good skin diet with lotion-serum only in the evening helped my skin rest.

Other serums I've tried: Bioderma Hydrabio, Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery, Clinique Even Better. The Even Better is the only one that felt confortable on my skin, absorbed quickly and leaving a bouncy feeling, but I did not see the spot correcting effect. 

The official pitch: 

Intensive soothing and hydrating care for sensitive skin, irritated or weakened by external factors (stress, pollution, unsuitable skincare…). The Soothing Hydrating Serum is highly concentrated in Avène Thermal Spring Water providing an immediate calming effect. The thermal water is carried by liposomes (patented system) to ensure an optimum long lasting diffusion in the upper layer of the skin. The glycerine improves the skin hydration, suppleness and comfort. Thanks to the delicate formula of the Soothing Hydrating Serum the skin is silky smooth and rebalanced. Paraben free.  

It retails around 21€. 

xoxo!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire