2010-02-21

Make-up review: Posietint by Benefit

Some time ago I went to Sephora looking for a blush, and a vendor made me try the very famous Benetint. Benetint is a red cheek and lip stain, which gives you a natural red glow as if you'd just run in the cold. I was interested in the long lasting effect of the blush: I have dry skin so powder blushes don't last long on me unless I wear foundation, which I usually don't on an everyday basis. However Benetint's red color didn't look so great on me. When I heard about Benetint's little sister, Posietint, made for fairer skintones, I decided to give it a go.

I think I bought this back in October 2009. You can see the printing on the bottle peeled off at the bottom :p. Posietint is like Benetint a cheek and lip stain, except the color is pink and is more appropriate for fairer skintones. It comes with a brush applicator similar to what is used in nailpolishes. According to the little manual which comes with the bottle, you are supposed to brush three strokes on the cheek before smudging it to your skin. I find that one brush stroke on each cheek is enough for me, if I apply more I end up with a clown face. The color can be a bit scary when you first see it, it is really a very flashy pink, but once you smudge it, it comes out like a natural flush on your cheeks. I have been told that I look scary because I never blush, even in embarrassing situations, so with this I can look less stern and frendlier haha.

The first time you use it, be careful, it can be tricky because it sets pretty fast, so you have to smudge it right after you apply it with the brush, otherwise you might end up with a pink stroke mark on your cheek.


I had a hard time capturing the effect with my camera, but as you can see (or not) it gives a very natural and innocent look. I absolutely love this product. I have a very sensitive skin and never had any problem with this, and usually people don't notice I'm wearing anything on my skin. I'v been told I look fresh with this ^^

On the negative side, the packaging is awful. Like you can see in the picture the printing peels off, and I've had strange fuschia stains in my makeup bag which I can only blame on this (leak on the bottle maybe?). Now I always pack it in tissues if I have to bring it anywhere. Unlike Benetint, the bottle is opaque and you don't know how much you've used. I think I'm nearing the end because I have a hard time getting product on the brush.

The price is also a turnoff. It retails for 32€ at Sephora (about 44 USD), which is pretty expensive for a blush, and although I use it everyday, I'm already nearing the end after 4-5 months of use, I am not sure about other blushes but I doubt you hit pan that fast. I have been looking at other cheaper alternatives (currently using Etude House's Cherry Tint in Pink) and creme blushes.

All in all, a very good product for fair skins if you're looking for a long lasting natural blush. And can afford it. I am not sure how to use this if you wear foundation, I've never tried it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire