2010-02-23

Make-up review: Canmake Cream Cheek

I did a Yesstyle haul a little over a month ago and I was looking for something to complete my order to get free shipping. When browsing the beauty section I came across Canmake cream cheeks. Like I said in a previous post I'm looking for an equivalent (in terms of color and lasting power) of my Benefit Posietint. I didn't think about looking up swatches and instead trusted the colors on the pictures. I ordered #03 Strawberry Whip.


Canmake is a Japanese drugstore brand. The packaging is pretty simple but cute, made in transparent plastic. I was surprised when I first saw it because I expected it to be somewhat bigger. I apply the cream with a puff or a sponge.

It's a good pigmented shimmery cream blush, you need very little product to get a good coverage.
The color is rosy pink with a hint of mauve, I like it a lot. It gives the rosy dolly cheeks that I like.

Unfortunaly the shimmery bits are too visible for my taste. I only use shimmery/glittery stuff on my eyes and usually for nights out, for everyday wear I prefer matte finishes. Lasting power is good but I keep getting glittery bits on my fingers.

Photoshopped the light to see the color:


Natural light:


See the shimmery/glittery bits, even without flash? Meh.

OOTD:


- Hearts argyle pullover dress: ZOO
- Lace Hem Underskirt: Tokyo Fashion
- Shoes: Minelli (My favourite shoes, they fierce up every outfit)
- Necklace: Bala Boosté
- Headband: bought at Parkson Grand

4 commentaires:

  1. Cute outfit! For cream blushes, I'm really liking Mac's So Sweet, So Easy. It's a nice soft pink with no shimmers.

    xoxo, Diana

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. i love cream blushes! this looks pretty on you :) xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. cute outfit! :)

    i keep seeing this blush everyday. i'd love to try out Canmake products one of these days. it looks very pretty! <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. @Diana: thanks! I will definitely check it out next time I stop by a MAC store!!

    @Anita: thanks! I think if I ever find myself in Japan or somewhere I can find Canmake products I will definitly splurge on them, the packaging is cute and the quality seems good :)

    RépondreSupprimer